For an easy and delicious treat when kayak camping, a savory pancakes recipe can be a great meal to prepare.
Savory Pancakes Recipe
These savory pancakes are a delicious way to enjoy your kayak camping meal. They are not only simple and easy to make, but also healthy, filling and flavorful. With just a few ingredients, you can create a delicious meal that will keep you full during your trip. Here is the recipe to make this quick and easy savory pancakes recipe.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup milk or water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Fresh herbs (optional)
To make these savory pancakes, follow these easy steps:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. In a large bowl, mix together the self-raising flour, olive oil, milk or water, salt and pepper. If desired, you can add grated cheese or some fresh herbs for extra flavor.
- Heat a pan. Add some butter or oil to a pan over medium heat. Once it’s hot, spoon tablespoons of the batter onto the pan. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the pancakes. Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes per side, until each side is lightly browned. Then flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve. Serve the savory pancakes hot, with your favorite topping. Enjoy!
People Also Ask
- What can I top the pancakes with? You can top your pancakes with a variety of toppings such as sour cream, cream cheese, yogurt, nut butter, sliced fruits, or any other topping of your choice.
- How do I store the pancakes? Savory pancakes are best served warm. However, if you have leftover pancakes, you can store them in an airtight container or zip-lock bag in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Can I freeze the pancakes? Yes, you can freeze the pancakes for up to 3 months. Place them in a zip-lock bag and make sure to remove as much air as possible.
- Can I make the pancakes without cheese? Yes, you can make the pancakes without cheese if desired. The pancakes will still be delicious without the cheese.
- Can I use regular flour instead? Yes, you can use regular all-purpose flour instead of self-raising flour. Just add 1 teaspoon of baking powder to the mix.
The savory pancakes recipe is a great meal to bring on your kayak camping trip. It is easy to make, nutritious and very satisfying. You can even switch up the toppings and mix-ins to suit your taste. If you have leftovers, you can easily store them and have them later on in the week. Enjoy your delicious meals on the lake!